Thursday, June 9, 2011

African Adventures & Wayne Rooney

Today I head out to Ethiopia for the third time in a year. You can read more about what my experiences will be like while I'm there on The Forsaken Children blog.

I just found out a few days ago that I'll be speaking to about 300 or so people at the local university in Addis Ababa. I'm told I can share my faith and incorporate it into sports. Yeah...that's all I have to go on.

I do have one thing going for me. Most everyone there thinks I am Wayne Rooney. If you don't know who Wayne Rooney is, look him up. Pretty famous footballer for Manchester United. So while I have many nicknames here in the states, Rooney is what I get called in Ethiopia and because of that, they'll listen to me. Hey, God uses people...




Do you see a resemblance? I don't.

No comments: