Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Going Strong

Hello Blog. I almost forgot about you. I'm sure everyone else has, so this is probably a me and you conversation. So I'll update you blog why I've been neglecting you.

School:
Going strong. Taking a lot of classes and most of them are project based. So very soon, I'll be in research mode.

Soccer:
Not going so well. We're currently on a five game losing streak with our most recent loss coming at the hands of the #5 ranked team in the country Tulsa. Tonight we take on Central Arkansas and need a big win before we set off on a three game road stretch taking us to Orlando, Miami, and Kentucky. I'm very excited to go off on the trips with them, as I do not normally travel with the team. That being said, it certainly takes me away from my life here in Memphis for two weeks.

Travels:
As I said earlier, I'm heading out for what almost amounts to two weeks worth of travels, but the McGoo household has been traveling like crazy already. Mrs. McGoo has been to Kansas City, Lexington, and San Diego in the last two weeks, while I've been to Lexington, Birmingham, and Knoxville recently. You might ask how is this possible with all the stuff going on here in Memphis. My answer would be, "I don't know, we've just fit it in somehow."

Ethiopia Bound McGoo's:
We are just about fully funded for our trip to Ethiopia this December. I am incredibly excited about going back. I feel like a part of me is still there. We just recently booked our flights and we both leave on Dec. 10th and fly to Chicago to Istanbul to Addis Ababa. Heather will come back to Memphis on Dec. 26 and I will stay there until Jan 5. One of my favorite times of the year is the time around Christmas, so it will be a change that Heather and I will be spending most of that time in Ethiopia. However, I know this is what God has planned for us and I couldn't be happier.

If there are people actually reading this blog, I really do appreciate all of you that have supported us in our initial trip and now in our current trip. I am fully confident that God chose each one of you to help us and I thank you for listening to his voice.

As you can see, life is pretty busy. Nothing that God has given us is something we cannot handle. It is exciting times in the McGoo household. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

Enjoyed your blog. Will continue to check for updates every few weeks or so. :-)

Tyler Salyer said...

Sounds busy, but exciting. Praying God uses these experiences to help you reach people you normally wouldn't have the opportunity to.