Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Twitter and Me

As you may can see, my blog has taken on a new look. Yeah, I've joined the world of Twitter. Not because I want to, but because I have to. As part of my Sports Marketing class and my Sports Culture classes, I'm forced to join twitter and "follow" sports related entities.

This is my assignment for my Sports Marketing class:

"For starters you'll need a Twitter account and will need to follow and analyze at least 4 sport & leisure related entities. They must be a team or athlete. Also one must be a sport or leisure related product. One must be a sport or leisure media entity, and the fourth one can be anything you wish. I will prepare details on the analysis & deliverable requirements, but for now examine how they are using Twitter; perceived effectiveness; who they are targeting; how it might fit in their overall marketing strategy, etc."

In my Sports Culture class:

"Sign up for a Twitter account and link it to all of your other social networking sites. Take notes and record where people respond to your updates and keep statistical information of these. Will tell you more later."

So there you have it. I am a twittering fool now and I'm not exactly happy about it. I'll explain more when I get into my thoughts on my Sports/Culture class and Sports and Pop Culture in a Global setting class.

Until then, "follow me"

5 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

Real men don't tweet.

Mr. McGoo said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Real men follow directions.

Ok, maybe they don't follow directions, but real men do what they're told.

Ok, maybe they don't exactly do what they're told, but...

Heck, I don't know, I just want an A

Mrs. McGoo said...

do your prof's follow your twitter accounts?

Mr. McGoo said...

Thankfully no

Larry McGugan said...

I don't Twitter, sorry.