Wednesday, July 13, 2011

London - Day 5

The gang waiting to get in to Coke
First of all, I apologize for the lack of pics today.  We had lectures this morning and went over our scramble and how that translates to globalization.  Then we went and met with the sponsorship director for the 2012 London Olympic games at Coke.

I thought his presentation was pretty interesting to say the least.  He talked about how they are targeting 16-24 year olds with their Olympic campaign in London and how they go about integrating their brand into culture.  Also, there is going to be a strong push by them for their brands - Powerade and Vitamin Water (I didn't know that was Coke).

Look from our dinner table
Everything was going great with our question and answer session until I asked the rep about ambush marketing and he replied, "that's a bad question."  Ugh...

He did say it in jest, I think.  But he did answer it very well and talked about the investment they make in things and a certain expectation they have with the Olympics and local government to police those things.

 After that, we came back to the dorm, rested for a bit and then went out for a bite to eat.  Pretty simple day really.  Not much sight seeing.  Tomorrow we are heading to the Premier League offices and get to see where the biggest sports league in the world (Yes, bigger than NFL) does business.  I'm pretty excited about this one.
My dinner party



The Boathouse for dinner

Maybe my favorite pic of the day

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

I can't get over the clouds in London - every photo that has a glimpse of the sky has amazing clouds.

Love you! Know you're looking forward to the premiership discussion/sites. ENJOY!