Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - Adios and Vaya Con Dios

2009 has been a long year and it's all about to come to an end. I realize that it is also the end of a decade and a very eventful one at that. Usually around this time many media outlets will come up with the 'year in review' and the "decade in review.' So after thinking about it for a bit I am going to put up a few of the fun things this past year that I was blessed to do or that were impactful to me.

So here is my "Legendary Year" (In no specific order)
- Traveled to Bermuda
- Finished my second year as manager of the Memphis Soccer team
- Went to the Music City Bowl in Nashville
- Completely renovated the kitchen and demolished our shed
- Spent more time with my father
- Kodi had ACL surgery
- Weddings and Babys!! (None of our own though)
- Finished school strong once again
- Purchased a Bose surround sound system
- Another year with a incredible wife
- Turned 30 something...

One other thing. On my history final, my professor asked us what we thought was the one thing that 50 years from now would be in the history books. So I'm thinking...what are some things that happened this past decade that 50 years from now we'll talk about? The obvious one to me will be 9/11, which is what I put on my test. Some others that I can think of off the top of my head are:

First black president, Y2K, iPod, Social networking sites explode, Katrina, Tsunami in India, Pope John Paul dies, Va Tech shooting, Fidel Castro retires.

Now, not all of these will grace the history books, but these are some the biggest events that I can think of over the last decade. Anything I left off? I tried to condense it to really large events.

In case I don't get to say it to you in person, Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Frank Bryant said...

Our "world view" lists match up pretty well: www.fbasehor.blogspot.com