Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day Mrs. McGoo

I'm not much for specific days to celebrate one thing or another because my thoughts are that we should celebrate every day like it's the last.

However, because of the day, I decided to take time and look back and reflect on and appreciate the special someone in my life.

If anyone knows me, they know I'm a constant work in progress (I know, understatement of the year) and it has taken a special person to put up with me this long - and we're just getting started. I'm so thankful for the wife that God has given me. Years back, I thought one or two girls were "the one" but the good Lord said, "Nope, Kelly, you don't have a clue how good you'll have it. So you're going to have to deal with the fact that I'm not giving you what YOU think YOU want. I'm going to allow you to hurt a little bit NOW for the sake of you knowing what TRUE love is later."

And you know what, he was right. I hurt some way back when. But just like in every other area of life that God has guided me through, he showed me a path to something even more incredible than I even could imagine. You know the phrase, "God knows us better than we know ourselves?" Yep, it's true. He brought me someone I couldn't even imagine existed.

God brought me someone to love me for all the good things and all of the (many...ok, TONS) of bad things about me.

So today, I give THANKS to my Lord for blessing me with my beautiful bride, wife, best friend, and cutie pie...Mrs. McGoo.

Just like the Lord, Mrs. McGoo takes care of me and is in it with me til the end. She pays attention to detail, doesn't forget about the small things, enjoys having fun, is incredibly beautiful, and most of all, is a God-fearing woman.

I think we call that a Proverbs 31 kinda gal.


Happy Valentines Day Mrs. McGoo. I sure do think you're purdy

5 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

wow! A perfect Valentine's Day gift. Thanks baby! I love you!!!

Frank Bryant said...

Ahhhh!

Rachael said...

sweet! I didn't know you had it in you, Kelly! j/k :D I agree, she is a great gal!

Larry McGugan said...

I agree, you waited and hurt but ended up with the best one!

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I still choose to believe that you only married Heather so you could have the honor of calling me your little sister.