Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Don't Care

I don't care. Really, I don't. I am one of those folks that don't care that general education classes are suppose to help round me out and shape me into the person I want to be. Quite frankly, I'm past all that.

Oh, you're wanting to know why I'm annoyed or complaining? Well, that has to do with the fact that I have to take a Literature class and a Landforms class for my major. You remember my degree right? Sports and Leisure Management. So it's natural for someone that wants to go into a field like that to need a background in rock formations and understanding the form of a poem?

They have to be the two most BORING classes that I've ever taken. Sure, you must be laughing at me. I'm laughing at myself honestly. I'm laughing at myself because I'm actually trying to make sense of it all. I'm laughing at how I actually read that stuff and try and understand it.

If the professor would allow me to give the class my REAL thoughts on the Literature I read, maybe it would be more interesting. If the professor would let me build one of those baking soda volcanoes for lab class, maybe it would be more interesting. But until then, how does anyone sit through these classes and actually enjoy them?

No, I'm not interested in knowing why a rock is curved and I'm certainly not interested in reading about a lady who lived in the 1800's would sleep with her dead husband for 20 years (really...that's what I've read) and how that makes me feel. It's stinking gross man, and I don't need a Literature class to culture me in disgusting.

Call me a complainer. Call me moody. Call me old. Call me whatever you want. When it comes to this class...see the first sentence of this blog.

I don't care

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. This is great. You're right.. You don't need to be cultured in disgusting, because you already ARE disgusting. :) Bwahaha!

But really.. I feel your pain. No bueno.

Frank Bryant said...

Both of you are just being groomed for life in the business world where nothing that crosses your desk is interesting. Blah, blah, blah, blah on 25 Powerpoint slides.

Mr. McGoo said...

You're assuming I want to work in the business world...

Rachael said...

hahaha! I was an English major and loved every minute of it. Call me a Dork. I don't care. :)

Mrs. McGoo said...

I'm with Rachael, I have a LITERATURE minor to go with my psych major.... loved my African American literature courses the most. But Mr. McGoo already knows his wife is a dork, he loves me anyway! :)