Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Break?!?!

So I'm a little behind on my blogging. For that, I apologize and will try to do better.

This week has been a sorta, spring break for me. I am currently on spring break, but I've done nothing that would suggest I've been on a break.

From the beginning of last week, we've been working on our guest room and trying to get it back to being a guest room and not a construction zone (which has basically been our whole house). For anyone that has seen our house, our guest room has had two doors in it. One when you walk right in the house and one that is on the other side of the room, near the bathroom. The door next to the entrance of the house couldn't close, so a while back I bought a lock to attach to it so that the door would stay closed. This solved very little as anytime doors were opened in our house and air was being pushed through, the door would open and close a bit.

So we decided to get rid of the door and put a wall up. Once we did that, the Mrs. decided it was a great time to paint, since she hated the color of the room. Combine that with the fact that we had my father coming in to stay with us, and it made for a busy couple of days. We finished painting on Monday night, just in time for my dad to stay with us beginning on Tuesday. Craziness

Monday, we started working on a few other projects:
1. Tear down half the wall leading to our kitchen and create a bar area.
2. Tear out a part of our cabinets and put in a dishwasher
3. Pull our our ceramic gas heater fireplace and replace it with gas logs

We accomplished all, but it has been a busy and dusty couple of days at the McGoo house. The dogs have definitely been bothered by it all, as have been my sinuses. However, the 'near' finished product is amazing. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up sooner rather than later.

I'm going to work on some other blogs...so I can say that I posted more than one in a small amount of time. Figured that would be cooler than posting a really long one about a whole bunch of stuff.

By the way, I want to say thanks to Dennis Hannah. Dennis and his crew did fantastic work on all our projects and if anyone needs some "handyman" work done around their house, give him a call. He's very good at a very reasonable price. 901-647-6150. If you call him, tell him Kelly referred you and he'll take great care of ya.

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

yay a blog post! :)
And YES, major props to Dennis and he's crew! Loving the changes!