Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A preview of the week to come

I'm back. Fresh off a gold medal win at the Olympics, I'm back in Memphis and ready to take on the world. They take really good care of you while you're in the Olympic Village and it's good to see the US use their tax dollars for good things like massaging my legs before a race.....
So now that I'm back, I'm ready for a few big events this coming week.


1.LOST
It's safe to say that I'm ready for them to start answering some questions and from the sounds of it, this week is going to do just that. It appears that Jacob got Hugo and Jack away from the Temple because he knew something bad was coming that way. Lost is starting to take on forms of the book "The Stand" which was written by Steven King. I read that book a long time ago, but am seeing similarities to the current TV show. If you have read it, you know what I mean in saying this. The Stand was a great book that was about the end of the world and pitting good vs evil and how many 'soldiers' each faction could gather. This seems to be where Lost is going with the Jacob vs Locke angle. Should be interesting....


2. American Idol
If you read any of my posts from last week, I was not happy with the talent that was kicked off last week and with the overall talent that was on display. I've softened a little bit because I know that the people that were kicked off last week weren't good enough to win it or make it to the final 12, so I guess it doesn't matter what order the lesser talented people get kicked off. I'm really looking forward to seeing certain contestants this week and what they sing. Siobahn Magnus is one in particular that I think could really take off. Time will tell.


3.Kentucky Basketball
Fresh off the second loss of the season (and to a team I truly hate), the Cats look to rebound and close out the regular season with two wins at Georgia and home for senior day against Florida. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the loss as I am curious to see what the new addition of Lebron James to the squad will do to help them win the championship.
In all seriousness, Saturday is Senior Day at Rupp and one of the more special ones in some time. Even though Patrick Patterson is only a junior by class he is going to be honored as a senior and I can't think of a person that is more deserving of the honor. He will graduate in three years and has done all the right things during his time as a wildcat. I'll have more on him later in the week.

Until then...

3 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

I don't want PP to every leave... but I guess it's just a fact of life. GO CATS!

Mr. McGoo said...

yeah, he's going to be a tough loss but I'm glad he's getting a senior day.

Unknown said...

Haha! That first pic just cracks me up!