Monday, June 21, 2010

Back Home (Physically)

After almost 30 hours of travel, we have made it back home. We started in Addis (around 7pm Addis time), then to Rome, then to D.C., then to Charlotte, then finally Memphis. Mrs. McGoo's wonderful parents and sister picked us up from the airport around 6pm Memphis time and took us home. Once we got their we greeted our furbabies and got some dinner while watching the remaining portion of the US Open.

Apparently, once they left, I laid down on the couch and was snoring in 2 mins. I have no recollection how the wife got this big bear to bed, but I woke this morning in a soft bed.

There are three things that I have to get accomplished today:

1. Set up appointment with the doc. I'm pretty sick. Got sick on Friday and haven't had any meds to make myself feel any better (outside of Advil and cough drops). And NO it's not malaria. No mosquitoes in Addis because of the altitude and cool weather.

2. Call MLG&W to find out why our gas has been turned off. (***UPDATE**** Gas was turned off because they replaced our meter and no one was here to let them in to lit the pilot light back) We came home to no hot water.

3. Rest and watch the BEAUTIFUL GAME!

If I gather up some energy, I'll post some reflections of the trip later today. If not, then it will be later on.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support

God Bless

No comments: