Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mustard Seed

Today I begin the journey of a lifetime. God has led Mrs. McGoo and I to drop everything and make a trip to Ethiopia to further his kingdom. I must tell you, I've had my doubts over how it all would happen. I don't know why...just now, I was thinking about all the times in my life that God has followed through with his promises to me. The times that I never thought the outcome would be what it was, but God provided.

Example...

After getting laid off from work and having a hard time finding a job, I prayed about it and God said, go back to school. I asked him, "God, how in the world can I go back to school? Hello, I just lost my J.O.B....how exactly do you expect me to pay for this?"
God says, Ye of little faith...and provides a full scholarship and books.

Additionally, months ago, Mrs. McGoo and I discussed doing a mission trip. I told her the costs were something we couldn't afford. She looked at me and said, "Ye of little faith." 3 months later, God provided more than the $6000 needed to make the trip happen.

Matthew 17:20
"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Thank you to those that have prayed, supported, believed in us, and have been sensitive to the spirit. I won't be the same after today. For tomorrow, I will move mountains.