Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed

Well, we finally made it to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia this morning.

After a long, and I do mean LONG trip, we made it to our destination. It has been an interesting process getting here. For some that remember, I wasn't even suppose to be here in Africa, as I was applying for two study abroad programs for the University of Memphis and both fell through. One could look at that as disappointment that it might set me back some in my school. Or one could look at it and say God didn't have that in the plans for me and he's got me exactly where he wants me.

I see now why.

This land is beautiful and disappointing all in one. You can use your imagination with how beautiful the area is. Mountainous and sprawling and the weather is great (70's and cool). Yet there is a lot of pollution and smog in the air as well as tons of unfinished development right next to shacks and slums.

We're getting ready to head out to grab a bite to eat. Hopefully I'll get to blog some more.

Until then...

No comments: