Wednesday, February 17, 2010

American Idol Top 24

I realize this will be my first non-UK post in quite sometime, so for those of you that are looking for more UK stuff, sorry, you'll have to wait a bit.

Wednesday night finished up Hollywood week and we saw the top 24 selected for what should be a great season of American Idol. American Idol has a special place in our marriage because we use to watch it with our friends Don and Jana West when we were doing our pre-marriage counseling with them. We still like to get together with them and AI is usually the night we try and do so.

Even though I'm not great at singing and can't play a note on an instrument, I'm actually pretty good with spotting talent (a lot better than some might think) and love watching these next parts of the show. While I don't think the best talent wins it always, they usually do a good job of having the best one or two contestants near the finals. Case in point, I thought Danny and Adam were the best two last season, but somehow Chris managed to make it to the finals and win it. My personal choice would have been Danny because Adam was annoyingly creepy and Chris was too ordinary. However, the majority of people voting are girls and Chris had the good looks and college coffeehouse look going for him.

Mrs. McGoo has a little contest that she does when the contestants make it to the top 12. It is pretty fun to try and pick the winner of the show as well as select who goes out each episode.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday) Idol will post the bios and contestants of the ones we have gotten to know some on TV. I'll give a little incite into who I think could make it to far and who I don't think will do well. As much as I would love to post who, out of the top 24, will make it to the final 12, AI didn't show us every performance of the contestants. So for now, I'll just have to work with the ones we've seen.

Until then...

www.mrmcgoo.blogspot.com
www.itsnotmydiary.blogspot.com

No comments: