Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dissecting American Idol Contestants


This years American Idol looks to be an interesting one. There is a ton of talent in the top 24, but I haven't seen someone with that WOW factor that some may have seen in the past couple of years.

Here are my thoughts on some of the contestants that we got a chance to see in the early stages and how I think they'll do.


Aaron Kelly:
Aaron has a good last name, but imo, that's about all he's got going for him. I was actually surprised to see him make it this far because I thought his auditions were average at best. Needless to say, I don't expect Aaron to make it very far in this contest.

How does he get to the Top 12: Luck and a lot of young girls voting for him




Andrew Garcia:
Andrew is this season's Danny Gokey. He's got that soul and wrasp that I love. I think Andrew has the talent to take this all the way. The real trick will be seeing how does he handle specific songs that he's got to extend his range with. Danny handled it masterfully last year...how does Andrew handle it?

How does he get into the Top 12: Do what he does best...sing his style and I think he'll coast on his way to the final rounds


Casey James:
Casey seems to be the eye candy for Kara. She hasn't made it a secret that she finds him pretty attractive. He's an interesting pick because he does have talent. My question is does he have enough in the vocal tank to take it all the way? I don't think so. While he's good, I see Casey as someone who will eventually take over for the "Naked Cowboy" in NYC.

How does he get into the Top 12: Get nekkid


Didi Benami:
Mrs. McGoo will let it be known that I called this one early one. After her first performance, I told Mrs. McGoo, "This girl has it." She does. She's got that it factor that I think will take her far. Now...she's very emo, which means she very well could tank early. That being said, I think she's got the looks and the voice to make it. I'm not predicting her to win it all, but I think she has a chance to make some money some day.

How does she get into the Top 12: Song selection and stay cool under pressure


Michael Lynche:
Big Mike was a sentimental favorite of most people early on. He was off chasing his dream, while his wife was back home having a baby. It was an interesting thing to see him going back and forth between auditions and phone calls while his wife was in labor. Big Mike has a smoothness and presence that you don't see very often. It will be interesting to see how well he does when a song is selected that isn't tailored to his liking though.

How does he get into the Top 12: Song selection and winning over the phoning in audience


So there are just a few of the contestants that we'll be looking at. I'll be back with some more later...so come back please...

www.mrmcgoo.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Allison Weber said...

I LOVE Andrew Garcia. His voice melts my heart..., Casey is a cutey and has a good voice, and I liked Didi too, but she cries ALL the time.

Mrs. McGoo said...

Is DiDi the one that cries all the time or is the other blonde that made it? Janell?

Anyway - YES I'm a Garcia fan. Love him and want him to do well. Casey has a different country flair to him and I like it. Big Mike just makes me want good things for him just because. And Didi has talent but I concur, can she hold it together under pressure?

Allison - you better participate in the Verbal Vomit American Idol Brackets! :)

asconway said...

I'm with you on Didi-- love her. But she does need to put her big girl pants on and stop crying. That will turn people off if she doesn't stop.

Frank Bryant said...

Dissecting? Isn't that something we did to frogs in grade school? I am with you on Didi.

My AI picks will publish next Tuesday on my blog.