Friday, February 12, 2010

Heading Home

On the road again...

Today we are leaving K.C. and heading back to Memphis where our furbabies have been taken care of (Thanks to Erin Marie and Johnny).

Growing up in Lexington and now living in Memphis, it has always been wonderful to get home and visit family, but leaving was always hard. It always seemed like once I got home to Lexington to see my family, I had to turn around and come back home to Memphis. The same thing has begun to happen to me internally here in K.C. I've been blessed to be welcomed in to Mrs. McGoo's family with open arms and the more I have been here to visit, the harder is has become for me to leave. Honestly, it feels like home. There is something about spending quality time with these folks that I kinda like. Each time I come to K.C. I find I get to know a little more about each of them than I did before. I'd be willing to bet they probably know more than they want about me as well. (Like how I order my tacos)

So it is with great regret that I have to leave this place. I probably wouldn't leave if I didn't have to get Freckles back to her boy toy and Mrs. McGoo back to her J.O.B.

So to all of you...Neil, Terri, Steve, Lisa, Michael, Will, Lyndy, Dan, Jimmy, Allison, Madison, Clayton, Colton...I'm going to miss you very much.

I think that's about it...oh wait...I must have missed someone...oh yeah....

There is another person up here that I can talk sports with, watch a movie with, shop for a suit with, buy beer with, shoot pool with, spend a day in Nebraska Furniture Mart with, learn about surround sound stereos with, appreciate TV's with, compare BBQ notes with, watch American Idol with, make fun of my father in law with, and can talk politics with. And that's just in one day.

I suppose I'll miss him too...

Memphis...here we come.

2 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

I sort of expected a picture.

Lloyd Wilson said...

Hmmm, I'm a little thrown by the part that said "..., make fun of my father-in-law...". I'm trying to figure out who that possibly could be referring to?!