Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dissecting American Idol Contestants - 2


So we took a look last time at 5 contestants that are poised to sink or swim in the contest. Today we'll look at a few more.


Todrick Hall:
Todrick made a splash early on with his impressive audition. Throughout Hollywood week, Todrick never seemed to fail to impress. His group showed strong in their audition and his charisma is shown through every time he performs. He seems to be very versatile and has hit the mark with everything he's been asked to do. Heck, even the judges didn't waste time in telling him he made it. That should tell you something.

How does he get to the Top 12:
Todrick needs to continue to impress. I really believe if he starts winning over America, he'll get votes even when he has a bad outing. 'If' he has a bad outing.


Joe Munoz:
Joe is someone who we didn't get to see much of. I personally only saw a few small clips of him performing and what I saw, he seemed to impress the judges. He has that cute "David Archuleta" persona and I think possibly will appeal to a younger crowd. He can sing...that much is obvious.

How does he get to the Top 12:
Don't screw up...otherwise, I think he is one and done.



Siobhan Magnus:
With a name like this, one would think that she's a contestant on American Gladiators, not American Idol. Either way, I think she could win both. This girl is one of my early season favorites...based off her talent. She's got that Punky Brewster look infused with some soulful depth and a cuteness that could very well win people over. Hopefully the creative team of AI doesn't take that and blow it up and throw it down your throat. We've seen that with some former contestants that Idol seems to see potential in and dresses them up in stuff that immediately makes you turn the TV off.

How does she get in the Top 12:
I think that as long as she isn't shoved down our throats with over-kill, she's in. Definitely needs to pick the right songs later on.


Ashley Rodriguez:

Ashely wasn't shown much on the early auditions, but what we did see I thought she was decent. Nothing too special, so it should be interesting to see what they show of her in the coming weeks. She certainly has the looks and maybe she has the cool story to go along with it. She's one of the few that I didn't get much of a feeling about that we did get a chance to see a small bit.

How does she get in the Top 12:
Good question...come back to me after I've seen her this week.

Crystal Bowersox:
Mrs. McGoo can tell you, I'm not her biggest fan. She's definitely got some pipes and is probably the closest thing to an Idol Janis Joplin, but I'm not sold. I think it has something to do with the fact that her teeth look like she's taken crystal meth for the past eight years, but I digress. She'll do well if the songs are tailored to singer songwriter and country, but outside of that, I just don't see her delivering great performances of everything.

How does she get in the Top 12:
American voters hold a special affinity for people with bad teeth.


That covers five more contestants....check back for more later.


1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

Todrick will definitely make the Top12! whoo!

I like listening to Crystal, I think it's all about song selection and how she makes it her own. That's for sure