Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little bit of me

Since some of you that read this don't know me as well, consider this a learning experience. I've learned a lot about myself lately, and just thought I'd share.

First of all, I'm a very passionate person. When I believe in something, or think I'm right I will argue my point without giving up easily. I know that I am not always right, but until someone proves me wrong, I will not give up. I will voice my opinions and my views and I do not care what people think, because I am real. I am sensitive to a person, but I'd rather be real than be a fake any day.

Second, I'm hard on myself. I tend to be too hard on myself all the time. I am always disappointed in myself; always think I'm not good enough. Things that happen to you in life can make you doubt your self worth. I've learned that. It’s letting go of them things and believing your something great that’s the hard part. Combine that with the desire to always excel in everything you do, it makes it hard to ever just love who you are. Every time you don’t succeed, or someone corrects you, you feel as though you are worthless.

Third, I put myself out there a lot and I've found that being real is much more satisfying than acting as if nothing is ever wrong. I know who I am, I know life isn't always perfect, and I refuse to portray a false image of myself. I hope that someday I can reach out to someone else because I've made it through all the trials of life. It’s much easier to reach someone when you've walked in their shoes.

Fourth, I don’t do enough for myself. I always put others before myself...but I happen to like it that way. I think I get more joy out of others being happy than doing things to make myself happy. I'd rather have nothing at all and give everything to the people I love. I hate getting things, but I love giving them. I've always been a giver, and I will continue to give all that I can, whether physical things, emotional support, or just a smile.

Some of these things will come out in my writing the more I write. Hopefully I can keep up as sometimes I struggle to find things to write about.

3 comments:

Frank Bryant said...

That Guy said "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me".

Mrs. McGoo said...

Love you hubby.
Like I said to you yesterday, "Thanks for being you".

Larry McGugan said...

So this means I can finally stop giving to you?