Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Top Fantasy 5 Gifts

Do any of you ever come across a something that you want so bad that you can almost taste it? Yeah, I do as well. Since we are a species that is always looking for what's next and not what we've got, I thought I would post a few things that I "want" my wife to get me in the coming years. Keep in mind these gifts aren't easy gifts to come by.

I'm writing this publicly so my wife has no excuse to not get these for me. She is allowed to utilize her mom in acquiring these gifts since she always does pretty well in the gift giving dept.

Here is my list:

#5. Universal Remote.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, that's not that big of a deal, people have universal remotes and they are easy to come by. However, the universal remote that I want is the similar to the one in the movie "Click." How amazing is that remote?!?! You can mute real life and fast forward life to bypass inconsequential things such as tying your shoes and cleaning house. How cool would it be to fast forward having to walk outside to start your car in the morning and freeze your tail off having to scrape ice off the windows? I'd also love to go back in time and see key moments in my life. I always tease my wife about how we spent all that money for her to wear that white dress once. So I wouldn't mind going back to see her in it again. Anyone have a little sister that drives you crazy? I do. So how about when she brings you her new boyfriend over to meet you and she tells you she really likes him. Well, you can pause him and leave him there to go talk to her about how she's never allowed to date as long as you are alive and if she doesn't listen you can just pause her too. Anyone gone over to a house that has those yappy little dogs? MUTE. Done.

See....Universal Remote would be cool!

#4. Memory Stick. Once again, this isn't what you are thinking. This is that little stick thingy from the movie "Men in Black" where you hold it up, put on sunglasses and have someone look at the red light....


BLAMMOO. Memory gone. So when I've got a professor that is telling us she needs a 10 page paper...BLAMMOO! No more paper. When Mrs. McGoo wants me to do the laundry...BLAMMOO! No more laundry to wash. (Side note. I think my father in law has one and has used it one too many times on his wife cause she still calls me "what's his name")

#3. Hoverboard. "Back to the Future" was one of my favorite movies and one of the reasons is because of that hoverboard that Marty McFly used when he traveled to the future. It's like a skateboard but it doesn't have any wheels.

It "hovers" about 8 inches off the ground and would be great for use in any weather since I wouldn't have to worry about sliding in the snow or slipping when it rained. This would be great for walking Kodi. Dexter...not so much

#2. Iron Man Suit. My next two are going to be hard to get for gifts since they are probably the most pricey, which is why I've got these as my top 2. How awesome would it be to have this suit? Flying? Check. Bulletproof? Check. Infrared vision? Check. Invisibility? Check. Super Strength? Check. The suit has it all and I want it! I bet it even has it's on personal massage unit located in the feet for really long days. What I wouldn't give for that! Another thing that would be neat about it is to be able to fly it over to another country to see the world. **Down side to that is you can't take someone with you** (Then again that could be a plus as well)

Here's a guy that got one as a gift and is showing it off around the farm


#1. Transporter. No, not like the guy in the movies that takes you from one point to another. This is like the ones you see in "Star Trek" where you go from a spaceship to a planet. Obviously mine would be on a smaller scale where I'd just go from home to school, or home to watch my wildcats play at Rupp Arena, or home to Austrailia. Heck, I could even take it from the bed to the toilet and would never have to touch the floor. This would also solve the dilemma that was talked about with the Iron Man suit that you can't take someone with you. Basically this would be the gift that keeps on giving to all my family and friends. It practically sells itself.


Someone caught a picture of some friends sneaking out to grab lunch

Now everyone knows what is expected of Mrs. McGoo in the future. I certainly don't expect these all at once or expect all of them within a year. I'd say a reasonable goal is to accomplish acquiring at least one a year and go from there. Hopefully she can start with the Universal Remote so I can take care of a that sister issue.

5 comments:

Mother In Law said...

:) I don't know who got it worse me or Kelsey ?

Lisa Marie said...

I wonder if the Iron Man suit has a pocket for the universal remote and the memory stick. Would you really need the hoverboard if you got the suit or the transporter? Maybe you don't really need ALL of these things! ;)

Mr. McGoo said...

Hello? I'm not going to walk the dogs in the Iron Man suit!?!?! What if I sneezed and blasted Dexter with a photon beam out of my hand? I'd feel horrible.

Frank Bryant said...

I was satisfied with a pair of Bose headphones.

Unknown said...

lightsaber. hands down.